Saturday, October 10, 2009

Junk Food Junkie!!!!!

I LOVE junk food! I really do! I work out at a gym in Concord nearly everyday and in the same building is the most wonderful little bakery called Chef's Choice. PERFECT placement for a bakery if you ask me :). Yes, I love junk food! But it does not love me!

See, I have a slight sugar allergy... slight. It makes my face break out and causes acid reflux. This is my body's way of telling me, "hello! Stop with the junk." My body was set up to run off certain types of fuel. Yes, food is fuel. My body needs it in order to sustain life and function properly.



The Spirit also requires fuel in order to sustain life.
In the book of Matthew, chapter 4, Jesus was hungry and being tempted by Satan. Satan suggested that He (Christ) use His power to turn a stone into bread. Jesus simply stated, "It is written: "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." Matthew 4:3-5 . . .The man's spirit feeds on the Word of a Living God. In the book of John, Jesus goes on to say that He is the bread of life! Anyone who comes to Him shall not go hungry or thirsty (John 6:35).

Why am I bringing this up? Well... conviction mostly. See the Spirit has recently cautioned me about my negative eating habits. To feed my physical body, I am eating mostly junk food. Thus the twenty pound weight gain and constant breakouts. . .Not to mention I am tired all of the time!

I am also feeding my Spiritual body junk! Now, do not misunderstand, I am reading His Word daily. I am getting some nourishment. However, I am also on the Internet all of the time looking at YouTube and Facebook... I haven't watched television since January; however, I watch movies quite often and many have terrible language. So my spirit is being fed junk. . .

This is where you come in :). I need your prayers. For the next thirty days, God has called me to give up the junk. No more candy or late night ice cream runs... No more action movies packed with violence... Nope... I am giving it up! For the next thirty days the music I listen to, the songs I sing, the books I read, anything I look at on the Internet. . .It HAS to uplift Him. The foods I eat have to be healthy :(. PRAY FOR ME!!!! I started this yesterday and it is terribly difficult. So, lift me up! I will blog about this again soon to give you an update. Love you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. And I just bought you a clown cookie, but I will get rid of it quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! A clown cookie!!!! No fair! Those are my favs.

    ReplyDelete

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...