Saturday, April 13, 2024

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched." 




      Every morning I get up and put a smile on my face. I care for the animals, make my coffee, and wake my kids to get them started for the day. I make my bed, get snacks packed, and clean our home. I pray, read the word, and then I get ready. Mornings are not easy. One kiddo is a morning person; but, she takes forever to pick just the right outfit and hairstyle. Kiddo #2, although he gets ready quickly, is hard to drag out of bed. But we manage. Even though every day is different; every day is important. How I manage is important. My outlook is important. 

    I am being carefully watched. Our lives turned upside down just six months ago. The three of us are grieving in our own ways. Grief is hard. Change is difficult. Change brought about by grief can be unbearable. Our kids look to me for stability and answers. Stability that sometimes feels unstable and answers I simply do not have. Most days, I feel like I have hit rock bottom. Then I am reminded of The Rock at the bottom. The CornerStone. Christ is my foundation; so, when I find myself at rock bottom, I know I have a strong foundation on which to build. One stone at a time, I am building. 

    As I build, 4 tiny eyes watch and wait. They take their direction from how I react and how I face each day. They watch my reactions to every trial I face and every opportunity that comes my way. So I turn to Christ. When troubles come my way, I wait on the Lord to provide clarity and help me through each day, one day at a time. I allow Him Who began a good work in me to complete that work and reveal His glory in me. 

     I am not saying this is easy. Choosing to have joy and wait patiently on the Lord (Who hears your cry, Psalm 40), is not easy. In this world, we will have trouble (but take heart/ He has overcome this world! John 16:33). My point in all of this is to turn to Him. Began your rebuilding on the Cornerstone. Create that firm foundation and let those watching know that, while it is ok to grieve, it is important to get up and keep building. 

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us," Romans 8:18





    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...