Thursday, April 11, 2024

Stronger

 



"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
     Funny thought, I don't feel like I can do anything. I don't feel strong. I awake in the mornings and pray for God to come be the King of my life. I pray for the Holy Spirit to lead me. I am weak and exhausted. Doing all things doesn't seem possible. The days seem longer. The sleep is not there. Most days feel like an uphill battle; a battle I am fighting alone. 
    Then I remember His words. ".....My grace is sufficient for you, for my power/strength is made perfect in weakness." Because He is strong, I can be weak. He is my strength. "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9. 
     I am weak. Divorce is not easy and when it is cast on you suddenly, with no warning, it is laborious to the point of punishing both the body and mind. I am not just a single woman suddenly trying to find herself and her new way forward; I am a mother of two precious children. Children who have always seen me as their constant; their pillar of strength. They look to me; so I look to God.  Because it is "He (who) gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak" Isaiah 40:29. 

     So I get up. I awake and I start my day. I will depend on Him to get me through all and to strengthen the weak. I will let Him be my source of power; one minute at a time. I will let Him lead me by the quiet waters and refresh my soul. I will not fear. 





     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...