Monday, December 6, 2010

The Secret to Success; in 120 Words or Less

Growing up, I can't tell you the number of times I have heard the expression, "well life didn't come with an instruction manual." I used to think to myself, if life did come with a manual, you would truly spend your lifetime trying to read it as it would be so incredibly long. As I was reading in my Bible this morning, my mind skipped across a passage and I had to stop and read it again and again. It was just a few verses; honestly less than maybe 120 words (depending on what version you are reading). It was an outline for success in all life's decisions... Proverbs 3:5-12.


5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
with the first fruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.

11 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline,
and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in.

To break it down: 1). Trust in God and not in yourself 2). Submit to Him all your ways 3). Humble yourself 4). Honor God 5).stay clear of all evil 6). Tithe from all your first fruits 7). Accept rebuke for what it is (discipline from the One who loves you).

7 simple keys to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...