Monday, December 15, 2008

Thank God it is not about me :)

Love? Love is wanting good to come to another person; or, being concerned and willing to work for another person’s benefit. 1st John chapter 4 verses 8 – 10 states:
“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the World that we might live through Him. This is love! Not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”
I did not understand. I could not grasp this love. An unconditional love. Wanting nothing in return He gave His all for my welfare; for my benefit. Exactly what is it that God gets in return? This mess of a human life. This fearful, controlling, damaged, sinful little girl. Who wants that?
God did.
God’s love for me is not at all based on who I am. It is all about who he is. My father, my God, loves me because he is love. Yes, me! Single, little, insignificant me!

No comments:

Post a Comment