Monday, January 17, 2011

Love of a Lifetime

I remember the song; what I cannot remember is who sang it. In the chorus a man belts out, “I finally found the love of a lifetime… a love to last the whole night through…” In truth, we could spend our lifetime searching for a love that will last. In an age where infidelity and divorce seem so common; I wonder what ever happened to my Prince Charming and all those happily ever after endings? We seem to be settling for a love to last the night in lieu of one that will last for eternity.
Yes, we settle. Settle for feeling good now; but a heart break tomorrow. We have forgotten about a love that never fails; a love that quenches the desires of our hearts for eternity. Our need for love is so great that often it blinds us from relationships that are not good for our lives. . . We ache for loving relationships. This world we live in even tells us that, being single is being incomplete. So we set our hearts on relationships that fit our personal agendas and give up on our happily ever after fairytales.
But God’s love last for all eternity. His love, Psalm 13:5 tells us, will never fail. His love will fill our hearts and will not keep anything good from us: Psalm 84:11 “NO good thing will He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.” So if we are His (and Romans Chapter 8 tells us that we are righteous through Christ, have been adopted into His family, and are free from blame) not only will He give us His love that never fails, One that lasts a lifetime; but will also, grant us relationships in this world that are good and positive for us.
Today’s prayer:
God I thank You for the love You have given to me. A love that will never fail me…. A love that has my best interest at heart… A love that will withhold no good thing from me... A love for a Lifetime! Help me to live and walk in Your love, and to be an example of Your love to others.
Suggested reading:
Romans 8

No comments:

Post a Comment