Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Trust

An infant learns to rely on the hand that feeds them. In our reality we choose to believe that hand will be their mother...and it usually is. I am not an expert on babies... but I recently had the opportunity to watch a dear friend as she nurtured her baby boy born almost three months premature. At birth, his weight was 1 pound 9 ounces. His head was the size of a tennis ball. He was the most precious little thing I have ever seen. His chocolate skin was so smooth and I remember how shocked I was to see that his tiny hands, the size of a little toy doll's, had the smallest little fingernails on them. It was so sweet how gently my friend cared for him... and really amazing at how he was so comfortable with her touch. Almost as if he knew she meant him good and not harm.

I think babies are pretty smart. They know how to apply total trust in someone or something. Perhaps this is why Christ said we should become as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3 "And He said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

If you follow my writing, you see that my life has been turned upside down and wrongside out these past few years... I have learned to give up what I thought was control in my life and focus on placing all hope in the One in Whom hope NEVER dissappoints. Peace has settled on my heart with respect to my chaotic life.... And I am not afraid. He hears me; I trust in His ability to answer my prayers.


1 Chronicles 5:20"...He answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him."

Loving Father, help those who read this to trust in You... Your love never fails ~ Psalm 13:5 "For I trust in Your infailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation."


Baby Jayce's dedication at The Refuge Church ( www.therefuge.net )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...