Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Living God

He has created me and breathed life in me. He lives and He lives in me; 2 Corinthians 6:16, “What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
Not only was He alive in the days of Daniel; but He was also made flesh and lived and walked the streets of Jerusalem. John 1:14: “The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
So what does that mean to me? Unlike a statue or an idol, God is alive! That tells me that He can hear me when I cry out. He can touch me when I hurt. He can hold me when I feel alone. He can catch me when I fall. I can turn to Him when I am in need. I can thank Him for my blessings. I can talk to Him when I am excited! My God has feelings. He can hurt. He can be happy or sad. He can grieve (John 11:35. Jesus wept). He can laugh. He is jealous. He can get angry. He can find pleasure (1 Timothy 2:3). Most importantly, He can love me. No other god/idol can do that. Can money love a person? Can possessions heal your heart? Would they want to? Can they show you compassion? He can be devoted to me if I give myself to Him.
My God loved me so much that He sacrificed the life of His only begotten Son to save that which was lost (Eph 5:2). He loves me so much, that He calls me child. “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.” 1 John 3:1. No they do not know my living God. But I want them to.

1 comment:

  1. bekah,
    your mom works with me at prcs. you have a great site!! come by my blog and visit some of the places i have, i think you will enjoy the blog guild (it's a group of christian bloggers) and worship and praise sundays.
    jenny (aka momma @ all this is true)

    ReplyDelete

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...