Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Alphabet of My Prayer

I am reading in the book of Hebrews currently (more specifically Chapter 7:1-25). How great it feels to know that I can go to the Father with my concerns! But lately, my needs seem so many and my words are so few. I am at a loss on how to begin to lay my burdens at His feet. Today, I am giving the letters to Him. He knows my thoughts. . .I am letting Him rearrange the characters to form the words. God, give me words to speak....

A= ALL things God, I give to you.
B= Help me to understand the BEATITUDES and remember them daily
C= CHRISTLIKE... Lord make me more like you
D= Help me DIE everyday to sin
E= Help me to be ENCOURAGING to others (Romans 12:8)
F= Help me to consider it joy when I FACE trials and temptations
G= GUIDE me with your Holy Spirit that I may not sin against you
H= HONOR my parents, this is Your command
I= Let me praise your INSPIRING beauty
J= Give me JOY unspeakable and full of glory
K= Help me to show Your KINDNESS to all
L= LOVE! You are LOVE. Unconditional LOVE. Let me speak of Your LOVE forever!
M= MAKE me more like you
N= Supply my NEEDS according to Your riches in glory
o= Make my life an OFFERING, holy to you
P= PROSPER me, Your child, in love~grace~mercy~joy~patience~provisions
Q= give me the unfading beauty of a gentle and QUIET spirit~ 1 Peter 3:4
R= Give me REST in You
S= let me give thanks always for my SALVATION
T= THANK YOU, for all you have done. Always I give you THANKS
U= USE me, according to Your perfect will
V= Show me my VALUE in my Heavenly Father's eyes
W= Make me WISE in Your ways
X= XANTHATE! I am the salt of the Earth Matthew 5:13. Help me retain my saltiness.
Y= Let me be YOURS and YOURS alone
Z= Give me ZEAL always in Your presence.

1 comment:

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...