Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hope for the Hurting

Is there help for the hurting? 11 years ago you could have asked me that question and really been offended by my response. Why? Because I had just buried my oldest brother. It was so painful for me. Then to make matters worse, I could not bear to see the hurt on the faces of my Mom and Dad. It was more than I should bear.
Missing him still hurts. I see him everywhere; In my memories. Some days I think I even hear his voice.
I wouldn't talk about it. No one understood. No one could. I refused to pray about it. . .Really? What did God know about my pain? What does God know about pain? He let this happen, right?
God let me think this way for a time. Blaming Him for all that is wrong with life. I should say, He was merciful enough to let me live through the hurtful things that I accused Him of. But one day, He taught me about pain. . .
2000 years ago a tiny baby was born. A beautiful child who came into this World in the most unusual of all circumstances. Humble beginnings. . . He grew into a wonderful man. A righteous and pure man full of compassion for this World and its people. People who did not share in His love. This man had a Father. A Father who loved Him dearly. Matthew 3:17 tells us that the Father loved the Son and was pleased with Him.
This Son devoted His entire life to the people of this World. . .then, one day, those people decided they no longer needed or wanted Him in their lives. They took this young man and, although He had done them no harm, tortured and beat Him. Only to murder Him in the end.
The Father of this child hurt. His Son did not deserve to die! Let alone be tortured to death. And, although He could have stopped it, the Father sat back and allowed it to happen. He allowed it so that we could have help when we hurt. The Father allowed His Son to die so that we might live. And not just live, but experience His love. So that we could once again be reunited with Him. His death, although painful, broke barriers. His death has given life. The Father's pain has become my hope.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you have found your hope! i've been praying for your family; i know this is a more difficult time of year for you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! We can always use it!
    <3
    Bekah Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...