Monday, November 9, 2009

Level paths. . .


Probably one of my favorite poets is Robert Frost. I remember reciting one of his better known works for a sixth grade English class, "The Road not Taken"

"TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."


I love thinking about the paths I take! I like to think I have taken "the Road less travelled; and that has made the difference" in my life! But what about the path I leave?

Hebrews 12:13 says, "Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled; but rather healed."
Proverbs 4:26 states, "make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm."

I think it is not just taking the road less traveled that has and will continue to make the difference in my life. My dream is to make a path that leads to healing.
I don't want to cause the hurting to stumble and become disabled.

God that I can daily give my life to you as I travel. . .Help me to leave a level path for those that come after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...