Thursday, November 26, 2009

Crazy In Love

Today I became oh so aware that God is all that I need. I believe He loves me, despite me.

Hosea 3:1 " The LORD said to me, "Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adulteress. Love her as the LORD loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes."

The book of Hosea was, at first, such an odd read for me. Here is this prophet of God, a righteous man, who is married to an adulterous prostitute. Over and over she betrays the marriage bed; over and over he brings her back to him and loves her. No matter how many times she sinned against him and their marriage, he still loved and pursued her. Was he crazy? ~ maybe... crazy in love.

God's love endures. Despite me; despite you. Just like Hosea's wife, we sin. We sell ourselves short and commit acts, no matter how small, that separate us from a loving God. But His love endures. . . His mercy also.

Hosea 11:7-9 "My people are determined to turn from me.
Even if they call to the Most High,
he will by no means exalt them.

"How can I give you up, Ephraim?
How can I hand you over, Israel?
How can I treat you like Admah?
How can I make you like Zeboiim?
My heart is changed within me;
all my compassion is aroused.

I will not carry out my fierce anger,
nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim.
For I am God, and not man—
the Holy One among you.
I will not come in wrath.

God I am so thankful that your love pursued me. I take joy in Your mercy. Today I took the time to open my eyes to your favor in my life. I am blessed; yet I have sinned. I have been rebellious and stumbled in Your ways (Hosea 14:9). But You have picked me up each and every time. You have paid the ultimate price for me. Your love endures even when my choices are sinful.

No matter what I have done, He says all His compassion is aroused! "How can I give you up?!?!?" SO thankful that He was not and is not willing to give me up. He comes with compassion; not wrath. He comes with love!

Thank You God!

1 comment:

  1. Well I must first give thanks to the one and only perfect Savior! Thanks for forgiving me when I act so selfishly! And to you, thank you for posting what God layed upon your heart. I needed to be reminded of how awesome His love is for me even when I fail. Thanks for being dedicated to your writing. You never know who it will touch!

    ReplyDelete

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...