Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Like My Eggs Sunny~Side Up


OK, Random title. You should be used to that with me. I kinda think it fits my mood right now.

Things are changing. It is so easy on this roller coaster called life to get too involved in the ups and the downs... It makes you loose track of what is important in your life... it can make you forget who you are and how you came to be.

Just a reminder. We are all made unique.
Psalm 139: 13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

We should all have these verses etched into the very cells making up our hearts! Psalm 139 speaks about how God knows everything about who we are. He created my inmost being.

Psalm 139:1-17
O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!



God knows what I am going to say before I say it! Psalm 139 says He perceives our thoughts from afar! He knows when we rise and when we sleep. . .and yet He loves us. He created us. He made us unique.

He knows my favorite color is green. He knows I like to shoot guns and tinker with old cars. He knows my favorite drink is Caribou Coffee with heavy cream and splenda. He knows I prefer dresses and high heels to anything else I have to wear. No matter where I am in life, He sees me. No matter what my situation, He is aware. He knows I like my eggs sunny-side up. These are characteristics that make me who I am and He isn't wanting to change those things.

God search my heart! Remind me that I am an individual; fearfully and wonderfully made. Help me to see Your fingerprints on my very DNA. Help me to understand that my differences were instilled in me for a glorious reason and it is ok for me to be unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...