Friday, March 12, 2010

This Kiss

I love the way Faith Hill describes a kiss in her song "This Kiss"

"It's the way you love me
It's a feeling like this
It's centripetal motion
It's perpetual bliss
It's that pivotal moment
It's, ah subliminal
This kiss, this kiss, it's criminal
This kiss, this kiss"


In our society, as in most, a kiss is (or should be) a very intimate act of endearment. One kisses another to show their love. If only for a second, two mouths embrace; caressing as skin reaches out to skin. It is thought , some 2000 years before the birth of my Jesus, that males and females, in an act to symbolize spiritual union, would bring their faces close to each other.
Why a kiss? A kiss satisfies a hunger that wells deep within the human body. A desire to touch and embrace… A longing for human contact. This longing dates back to the beginning of time. Genesis 2:18, “The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Song of Solomon (Song of Songs) Chapter 1:2

"(Beloved )Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
for your love is more delightful than wine."

As beautiful as a kiss between a man and a woman in love can be; it pales when compared to a kiss from an almighty God. I am His. The thought of His kiss, His face coming close to mine, forming a union uncompared propels my heart forward. . . It is the reason my heart beats. God that my desire for you would be strengthened. . . Help me to see Your kisses, everyday.

Leave your comment below = what are some God kisses you have received lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...