Saturday, October 22, 2011

unless....



photo by twocentsphotography.com check her out!!! She is amazing!

John 4:48 "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

I woke up early this morning. I wake up at least by 5:00 am every morning; but, this morning was different. I woke up at about 3:30 with a purpose.... to let my little 5 year old English Bully out before she drove me crazy! Yes, she sleeps in the bed with me and when she has to go outside, you WILL take her out or you will suffer her wrath.

I walked through the hallway of my beautiful home all the while watching her dance along in front of me while I muttered to myself. When I opened the door, to my shock, I realized the season had changed. It was so cold! I raced back inside to my warm home and waited by the window for my bulldog and my german shepherd to come back inside.

All at once, I became increasingly aware of the glory around me...not my glory... by no means. But the glory of creation. . . The creation of a mighty God.

Jesus spoke of those who needed to see miracles in order to believe. I say, if they have not seen a miracle by the time they first open their eyes at birth, then they are blind. I saw it this morning. I even felt a miracle. The warm breath of my cute little bullydog as she sneezed in my face to awaken me... the cold air rushing through me when I stepped outside (it was in the 80's here just last week).... My body moving before my first cup of coffee.... all of these are miracles. We don't have to see the dead rise or the blind see. We can open our eyes to everyday miracles if we just tune our hearts in to His glory.

My God, I love you. I thank you for the miracles in the shape of little blessings that I get to see everyday. Please help the eyes of my heart to always be open to Your majesty. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...