Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dissolves When Wet...



Mother Teresa once said, "the hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." I spent some time thinking about her statement and about how true it proves in my very life.
Hunger can be satisfied with bread but we can never quench the desire for love in our hearts. We try to fill it.... with alcohol, drugs, sex, works, and money; but all of these things only supply a watered down sense of fulfillment and are short lived. Which leaves us, not only continuing to hunger for love, but also feeling ashamed for our sins/behaviors.
We long for an unfailing and unconditional love of our hearts to fill a void that dates back to the beginning of the creation of man. Since mankind's separation from the Divine there has been a constant emptiness in our hearts and a longing for completeness that can withstand the test of time and will not dissapate due to life's challenges. In our human minds we cannot conceive how this emptiness can be restored and so we use our corrupt judgement in an attempt to satisfy a deeper longing that we incorrectly think is only surface deep.

Our hunger for love reaches the very core of our life. Proverbs 19:22 states, "What a man desires is unfailing love....." We want a love that doesn't fail; a love that is everlasting; a love that is true; and a love that lacks conditions. This hunger can be satisfied... but only with the love of an Amazing and Loving God.

His Word tells us in Jeremiah 31:3..."For I have loved you with an everlasting love..." so we know His love will never end. In Psalm 13:5, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation" reminds us His love will never fail us.... Romans 5:8 reminds us, "but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us...." This just shows that it has nothing to do with who we are or what we have or Will do... He loves us unconditionally. He always has and always will. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the World that He gave His ONLY begotten Son so that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." He loved us enough to send His son as the ultimate sacrifice to ensure that we will never have to be separated from Him. All He ask is that we believe and accept His love.

My God... my Father.... Lover of my soul... I am so grateful for this love that is beyond my simple mind's comprehension. Your love withstands the heaviest rains and storms of my life... it satisfies my deepest desires and fills my heart with joy. Thank you for the strength to believe and for loving me in spite of me. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...