Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Funny, quick story



Ok, so if you know me, you know I have this amazingly weird English Bulldog named Gracie Marie. A few nights ago, I was sleeping in the bed with her (she believes that the lower half of the bed belongs to her and I let her think it). My Gracie Marie has had a terrible doggie cold along with some congestion in her little lungs, so she was snoring worse than usual.

Anyway, I was sound asleep when I heard what I thought to be the voice of a old man saying, "hey!" This startled me and brought me quickly out of a deep sleep. Again I heard the voice,"hey!" Not sure whether or not I should move, I started looking around trying to see if I could locate the intruder (my x-cop instincts started to kick in).

Then I started to think to myself, "he sounds nice, maybe he is a nice intruder or a vision from God." I heard it a third time, "hey!" I remembered in 1 Samuel how the Lord called to Samuel three times in one night to get his attention. But then realized that my God knows my name and would use it to call on me. So.... I inched closer to Gracie Marie (I guess I was thinking she would protect me?)... then I noticed that she had not been awakened by the intruder. In fact... she was snoring away... and as I listened I realized, due to her congestion, her snore sounded something like this....


snnooooocccckkhhhhhh...... hey! ....... snnooooocccckkhhhhhh...... hey! .......snnooooocccckkhhhhhh...... hey! .......snnooooocccckkhhhhhh...... hey! .......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...