Monday, August 12, 2013

We Choose to Love

    In our family, we do not watch television or keep up with the days and lives of Holly Woods most famous (or notorious) celebrities.  Instead we spend our time talking with each other and reading together.  My husband is my best friend. We share everything! And, just like any friendship, we can "share" quite a few disagreements. In other words; yes, we do fight.
    We fight about the dogs and where we are going to eat; we fight about clothes and our hobbies. Sometimes, agreeing on a time to go to bed is a task. We are different. We make mistakes. Sure we could spend our time pointing out each other's flaws; or we could choose to love each other despite our differences.

Our marriage works because we choose love. What do you choose?

"What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a rod of discipline, or shall I come in love and with a gentle spirit?" 1 Corinthians 4:21

Today's prayer: Holy Spirit, help me to choose love in all of my dealings with others.  I know those "others" can include family, friends, or complete strangers.  Help me to bestow Your mercy to all I come into contact with. In Jesus name I pray this... AMEN 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...