Monday, February 25, 2013

Void and Without Form

Genesis 1:2 " Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

Psalm 139:15, 16 
"My frame was not hidden from You
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in Your book
    before one of them came to be."

    There are times when I feel empty in my soul.  Darkness covers my life and I feel as if my dreams are hidden in the depths of the earth.  I feel invisible. But His Word reminds me that Holy Spirit is always hovering over the surface of my life. He sees me. I am not hidden in the depths of this dark world. He knows me. In me, He sees His image: fearfully and wonderfully made. In my life, He creates the light that illuminates my heart. 

Genesis 1:3 "And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light."


My God, I thank you for lighting up my life and my days. 

PS..... I wanted to thank my wonderful readers and ask that you keep me in your prayers! I am blessed by you all. Above is a picture of a tiny miracle my husband and I have been recently granted. We are expecting!!! My pregnancy is difficult and I have been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum. It is not a pleasant condition. Please pray that the symptoms ease up and our little one remains happy and healthy. Thanks to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...