Saturday, December 3, 2011

That Still, Small Voice

Sometimes, He could scream in my ear, and it would never be as loud as the still,small voice I hear in my heart.

I remember the first time I heard it. It was a tugging in my heart that whispered to the darkest places of my soul. Whispering to places filled with pain and hurt that went beyond the comprehension of many. It said I love you; I want you to be Mine.

I haven't always listened to The voice. Sometimes, I decide that It is just not the voice of reason; and, I choose to go my own way. But the voice never leaves my heart. I hear it mixed in with the constant lubb dubb of my heart beat; in the whispering of thoughts in my mind; in the quiet of my home in the dead of night; and in the rustling of the pages of my Bible as I read every morning. It gives peace and direction in my sometimes chaotic life.

It also reminds me of the rules and regulations of this life. We are given the privilege of having the very breath of God (the Breath of Life ~ Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the Breath Of Life, and man became a living soul...). As with every privilege, there are certain laws and commands we must adhere to in order to maintain the privilege granted. This same Still, Small Voice is reminding me that He wants to give me abundant life.... He wants me to live....

John 10:20 "The thief commeth not but for to steal, to kill, and to destroy; But I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."

Ezekiel 16:6 " Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood, I said to you LIVE!"

SO often I forget that The Voice belongs to my closest friend. A friend Who has chosen to love me in spite of me. A friend that sticketh closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24). A friend Who has my absolute best interest at heart and wants so desperately to bless and prosper me (Jeremiah 29:11).

Today I choose to listen for that Still, Small Voice.
Prayer
My God, the Lover of my soul.... my heart cries out to you as deep cries out to deep. I love the sound of Your voice. In the stillness of my busy life, help me to hear and encourage me to obey. I love You, heart and soul.



~1 Kings 19:11-12
And He said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Carefully Watched

      Luke 14:1: "One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched."      ...